Thursday, March 11, 2010

hugo chavez

Hugo Chavez in me! You had better believe it. I found today’s lecture interesting on several key notes. Namely the sub-consciousness involved in politics.
The government’s influence seems to be subconsciously associated with every aspect of my life. Across the world people are controlled by politics without even consciously being aware of it. I myself am influenced by politics everyday: freeways, student grants, and even my apartment had to be approved by the government before I could live there. All the same it is not like I leave my apartment in the morning on my way to class and think, “gee whiz, I am so glad that the government of the United States approved this complex that I am living in, and look at that sidewalk they provided for me to walk on while I go to college at a University that the government validated.” If my thoughts were like this I am sure that I would have little space to think of anything else. So, these thought are pushed to my sub-consciousness. To a point I think that I will have to experience a different government in order to fully comprehend how much my subconscious recognizes the United States government as the force that in one scene controls my life.
It was interesting to watch the footage of Hugo Chaves and realize how much politics depends on the subconscious awareness of its citizens. The professor was clear to point out how although many of the members in the class do not agree with Chaves’ political actions we (in the United States) are subconsciously the same as him. The graph that he showed us depicted how even up to eighty percent of American citizens are support populace ideals. This subconscious mentality that the government should be run by the people, there is corruption in government bureaucracies, and there is good and bad in politics appears to be the underlining layer of conscious choices.
How is my subconscious reflected in my political choices? Let’s look back at my apartment complex that the government so graciously allowed me to live in. What do I believe? Well, I think that the government should allow people to live in houses, but that alone is a simple statement. Does the government have the right to put rules where I can and cannot live? How much it costs? Who I can live with? And so on. I can make that stand that the government should allow people to live in complexes if they are willing to pay and live by the settled amount between the landowner and themselves, and then consciously I will vote in politicians who support this belief. The key point that I realized today during the lecture is that in politics I make a stand and act on that position, and the other stand that someone else makes is… well wrong, they don’t understand, they just are not seeing the bigger picture, or better yet together we need to come to an agreement that supports my ideals. This mentality is subconsciously the same as Hugo Chavez!

No comments:

Post a Comment