Tuesday, October 25, 2011

REL

Light and truth it seems so simple, but even in my physical science class it is difficult. No one knows exaclty what it is and how it works and what it does and how to measure it and when to watch it... well the list goes on and on. I often times get intimidated when I think of how little I know about the gospel and how little I know at all. Most days I am still trying to figure out myself; I am still trying to remember how to open the door at the WSC. It is not enough to tell you how many dumb things I do every day and how offten I do them, but that is not what the Lord focuses on in this passage. That is not the attitude taht I got any way. The feeling that I recieved was that I must continue to search for light and truth, let it fill me. That I can not stop and say I am too dumb to figure that out, because the truth of the matter is that I am not too dumb to figure it out.
In these passages the Lord tells us that we have potential to become like Him, filled wtih light and truth. That we have the potential to know the things that were, the things that are and the things that will be. I have been thinking the past few days about spiritual gifts, and wondering if it is a spiritual gift to have the ability to be given... does that make sense. Like for example I have been given so many things: family, friends, education, clothes, roof, food, comfort, physical body... the list can go on and on about all of the things that I have been given. It has caused me to wonder if the it is a spiritual gift to be given. I believe that it is, because in these verses the Lord talks about giving light and truth, and that he will give more unto us the more that we receive. The light and truth that I receive is from God, all things are from God, but I am still exploring the question about is getting gifts a spiritual gift, and how to I spreed and use this gift to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man?

No comments:

Post a Comment