Thursday, January 7, 2010

learning

I won’t remember what I learned in college? I am not trying to define anything, but I am pretty sure that I am going to remember what I learned in college. I am not going to remember EVERYTHING. I repeat I am not going to remember everything that I learned in college. Many of the facts that I learned last semester have already left my mind, but there are lots of things that I learned last semester I will never forget. I am sure that most of the things I learned in college will one day become such apart of my life that I would never think to trace them back to learning them from college. For example I can not remember learning how to write the alphabet. Logically I know that I learned how to write my ABCs in elementary school, but that is just me using reason. More importantly being able to write is something that I do so often that I feel as if it is apart of me, something so apart of me that I struggle grasping what my life would be like with out it. This example is transcendental when compared to the other lessons I have learned in life such as how to treat people, how to listen better, and recently in college I have begun to learn about the importance of life long learning. One day I hope to work the lesson of life long learning so much into my life that I struggle imagining my life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment