Thursday, December 17, 2009

the end

I finished. That is right. I am done. I lived through my first semester of College. My mom says that I should start referring to it as a University, but my best friend Kiersta thinks that I should call it an insane asylum. Either way I lived. I have learned a lot: love for reading, Declaration of Independence, Spanish, and how to write a paper with a topic sentence in it. Those are the surface things that I learned. The real things I learned seem much deeper and complicated, but above all I learned how little I know. I have heard people say that the more you know the more you realize how little you know. Well I have got a lot to learn, because my first semester of College/University/Insane asylum taught me that there is a lot for me to learn. Oddly the more I come to accept that I know relatively nothing the more content I am with myself. What is the point in knowing everything? I feel more driven to learn about everything? I don’t want to learn about things like they are items. For example the Declaration of Independence (a hot topic in my history class) is not something that I want to pick up and examine as I would an apple off a tree. Instead the more I realize how little I know and understand the more I want to experience the few things that I do know. As I explored the Declaration of Independence more I realized how complicated it is, and how much I want to be apart of it. Yes, I don’t know much (who really does) but I want to know more, I want to experience more, and that curiosity is something that I never want to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment