Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reg write up for assignment #4

Joy Prior
The family I chose to research comes from a hardback book with engraved golden letters reading No Regrets: The Life of Carl A. Carlquist across the blue cover. The author’s name is Myrtle McDonald and although I know that I am related to her I could not tell you specifically how. She wrote a narrative family history about Carl A. Carlquist our ancestor years ago, and each of the decedents of Carl A. Carlquist received a copy of the book. I read it once in High school, and can remember some of the stories. I cannot remember all of the names, and I most surely cannot remember the dates. I chose this family because I think that it will be a good place to start. The book already has ample research, and I want to use it as one of my main references. I also chose to do the Carlquist family because I realized during the class that simply because family research is “done” and the temple work completed it does not mean that I have completed my calling in family research. It struck me that family research is more than just making sure that the names get it to the temple, but family research is learning and identifying with my ancestors. I should use all the resources and research that has already been done to build my own personal connection with those who have gone before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment