Monday, January 24, 2011

REG #8

Joy Marie Prior
Honors Religion 211
Section 12
Feb 7, 2011
Feb 7, 2011
The Sabbath; The Twelve
My friends and I love to go dancing. I can only think of a few weeks when we have not gone dancing on the weekends, and that would be finals week, and the weeks that everyone is home for the vacation. We love it. Most dances start getting good around eleven, and go until two. After reading about the Sabbath day I could not get the idea of keeping the Sabbath day holy out of my mind, and I made a promise that on Saturday night I would try and be home by midnight.
It was easy enough to make while I was reading my scriptures, but when I was there with my friends, and that song that I like came on, and I was driving everyone, and no one but me wanted to go home, and I did not have church until one, and there I was wondering if I should go home by myself or just stay. At around midnight I told my friends that if they wanted a ride with me I was going; no one really wanted to go. Everyone found another ride home, and I left.
When I got in the car and pulled away from the loud music and flashing lights I could not shake the feeling of overwhelming satisfaction. It filled my whole soul, and when I finally pulled into my apartment parking lot I sat there for a few minutes by myself. The feeling was so complete and full filling that I knew I would have to leave at midnight the next week, and the next, and the next if I wanted to keep this much love in my heart. To leave early was such a small sacrifice, but the reward was immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment