Wednesday, February 16, 2011

REg bread of life: traditions of men

I thought about the connection between the manna that fell from heaven for the people of Israel, and the blessings that fall from heaven in my own life. In my art class we had a long discussion about what feminism is and if or not we are feminist. Although I had many unanswered questions about the subject it got me thinking about the source of power. The pivotal difference between the subgroups of feminists was what they believed could empower them. There were some that believe business positions empowered them, money control empowered them, breaking social norms empowered them, and at the end of the discussion I was left wondering what I think empowers me. I was touched by the message behind the bread of life, and the manna that fell from heaven to the Israelites. The lesson seemed so clear; God is the giver of all. I only have power over my will, and I am empowered by His grace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment